Tuesday, May 8, 2012

20 Favorite Movies

I find that the reason we all love movies so much and participate in discussions like these is because everyone literally has their own emotions/fears/baggage we bring so that no two people can have the same top 20 list. I watch a lot and find my favorite movies are ones I remember watching with my family, friends or a film that broke my understanding of physics and imagination. here they are:




1. King Kong (1933/2005) - the ultimate epic fantasy that shows how far we'll go for women



2. Jaws - Spielberg's masterpiece of editing/tension



3. The Wizard of Oz - the only movie my family watches every time it's on



4. Pan's Labyrinth - a child's innermost dreams come true was like a view straight in ours & GDT's mind



5. Raiders of the Lost Ark - the best action movie ever made



6. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - i consider this one film, one story, and the biggest production ever accomplished



7. Speed Racer - this polarizes people but to me the visuals enhance the family values and incredible score might be Giacchino's masterpiece



8. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - the funniest film of all time



9. Jurassic Park - the first time i realized the possiblities of movies



10. Pulp Fiction - every time you notice something different that connects each story



11. Se7en - understanding how serial killers work made me understand the horrors to which people are capable of



12. Saving Private Ryan - Spielberg's ultimate war film that was an appreciation for all our troops do



13. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - i've been that messed up before and it gets it sooo right



14. Terminator 2 - apocalyptic stakes with a heart



15. Up - I love dogs and sometimes talk to them



16.Forrest Gump - My name is Bubba, literally. nuff said.



17. Hot Fuzz - the greatest you have to be in on the joke movie that is hilarious every time



18. The Matrix Reloaded -something about not having to explain the rules & just going crazy makes me smile



19. The Sound of Music - my family prob sings this more than anything



20. There Will Be Blood - A meditation of a film that almost represenats the language of film in a bottle



other honorable mentions: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Blade Runner, Fight Club, Wall-E, Shawshank Redemption, Dances with Wolves, The Brothers Bloom, Seven Samurai, Zodiac, Goodfellas, The Lion King. Man i could prob list 100 movies that are all my favorites, this is tough - good luck everyone



No comments:

Post a Comment