Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Paper Heart (2009) - 7/10

Watched a screener of the new Overture film Paper Heart today and was not that impressed with the documentary type feel this gave off. The movie was just weird, I liked the kind of real documentary feel that changes as their relationship evolved but to me it felt borderline scripted and tried a little too hard to get them together. I guess I felt bad b/c one minute I was laughing at her then another I felt bad for her. The ending had me cracking up though, the whole biker chase when they go up on no wheels, really funny. But now that I’ve heard they broke up in real life it’s just sad, it seems this just tried too hard to be indie but there was never the songs that gave the scenes weight. Almost TOO realistic. 500 days of summer is still my favorite so far this year

No comments:

Post a Comment